I worked for an entire year on this project. I feel like its time to reflect and make sure I don’t forget what I’ve learned. Here goes and off the top of my head:
- Listen to creativity. It will steer you in the right direction So will curiosity and imagination. These guys are your best friends. They got your back.
- Idea will show up when you least expect it. That’s why number 1 is number one
4. Resistance will show up. It’s the voice that tells you to check your email. It’s the voice that thinks up every excuse on why and how you’ll fail. Listen to it.Resistance shows just when an an amazing idea pops in your head.
5. Paint my trees. Paint my way PERIOD.
6. The right project lets you play instead of work.And you have to play to reveal the jewels.
7. You have to get uncomfortable
8. Set your goal and stick to it.
9. I don’t have to have all of the answers
10. OK have some idea otherwise you waste time.
11. Wait do I even have to have a goal?
12. Just paint
13. LET THE KID PLAY.
14. All it takes is lousy ideas to stumble on a great one. We’re good. All stocked up here.
15. First Ideas are always the best. Do not ever throw or dismiss these!
16. Problems happen when I think to much. Did I say problems? I mean frustration.
17. At the moment lizard brain shows up, well that’s when I know to keep going.
18. What the heck took me so long? I don’t know, can’t, what if…resistance
19. Perfection is resistance.
20. Come at a place of Love.
21. I love to write and paint about love and curiosity. That’s me. I’m a sensitive soul. I love people. i mean when has that ever steered me wrong.
22. Never wait around for someone to decide if my work is worthy. That’s my job.
23. I published my e-book. It’s imperfectly perfect and I’m proud of it.
24. I can and I will. I have!