This week I spent a good deal removing backgrounds from the trees paintings. Only to realize I did it wrong. I was frustrated and then something happened. I kept going and redid all the PNG images… ALMOST ready to look at the final book layout. When I say final I mean the first round the of the whole book put together for the first time. This tree about sums up my experience. You’ve got to have strong roots.
- use an angled brush
- mix various tones of green
- use a mix of dry brush and wet on wet painting to get awesome tree textures
- apply paint in a dab and press motion
- paint here and paint there and paint until it feels right
- don’t focus on one spot at the same time
-Imagine all the impossibilities that are possible.