This past weekend I went WAY back to my humble beginnings on Skillshare.
In some ways I feel as though I’ve not made progress. On the other hand I feel I have.
Time and time again I look at my work and notice:
- I didn’t master hand lettering. Not sure how I feel about that either.
- Why is number 1 so? I created a class which encouraged others to show up everyday and I didn’t.
- My path and plans have changed.
- I started out with hand lettering and I just got so much more to say…
- which brings me to number 5 here. I write books and I love to paint letters.
6. A lot of the new art for my new book is amazing.
The most important lesson is
When I show up everyday
I don’t care what you say.
Yeah I got a plan
I’ll paint what I can.
Even the ugly art is
dear to my heart.
Because it’s the beauty that makes brilliant.
When I share my thoughts there’s no I can’t.
What I see in my mind
On the canvas it sometimes doesn’t look fine.
Oh but the idea is wonderful.
Keep painting and creating, let go of the bull.
I did take a little break from the book this weekend
…and painted some fun confidence idea trusting painting and always makes me feel like there are no impossibilities