with a cotton swab. Well I tried and it didn’t turn out well. But then it did.
I mixed-up the right beautiful pink. Or wait I meant purple. These are purple shades but they do have some pinkness to them. I love that. I’m not one for purple purple but these are awesome.
palette looks amazing (still looking for a heart shaped one)
testing the color before I start painting. Most of these are too dark.
Oh my …I am rolling my eyes and taking breaths. Literally I sat down with an idea; the idea for a purple tree has been on my mind. The tree I painted last week came out awesome. Sometimes ideas have a mind of their own but, the fun is in experimenting.
First attempt notes: cotton swabs are fun to work with, need more contrast and the green is all wrong
Second attempt notes: The tree trunk came out awesome. The texture and color with the purple was amazing. SO I had to goof it up. I started layering with a brush and a mess happened. I don’t know. I almost threw it away. Somehow I love it.
Third attempt notes: OK forget about the cotton swab and alter course. I liked where this was going until I applied too much dark.
Fourth time is the charm: I went back to the original tool, took my time and fixed the contrast. Looking good! The idea for this tree is that trees come in all colors and are beautiful. This is the last tree I pant for the wise trees book. Oh maybe not since I still have the book cover to work on.
Painting this purple tree was a real surprise.
- good lesson on if a first you don’t succeed
- first ideas are often the best ones
- so now I have all these cool textures that need lovin’.
- Maybe this is the start of another book about cute animals in all different shapes and shades. Yes lets. Who knows.
- there’s a whole world out there to explore
- mixing acrylic with tempera works
- don’t forget to keep that brush or cotton swab moist with paint and a little water
- or that could be an awesome texture too
- so in terms of mixing the more red you add the darker the purple.
Imagine all the impossibilities that are possible.