I spent a great deal of time working on the small details for the book. One of them is hand writing and lettering the words for my picture book.
Besides the way I write is perfect for creating a journal vibe because that’s just what this book is. The wise trees book is a journal for my collection of abstract trees that I painted to satisfy my curiosity and imagination. Oh and this idea that we are all one follows me around too.
Acrylic paint is just the right dark brown but it’s hard to write with. This is the lettering for my dedication page.
Well hold on there. This doesn’t look too bad. I’ll practice later on today.
- picture books should be easy readers so 8-10 words per line
- hand writing is a great idea—The day the crayons quit
- this book is for kids of all ages but I need them to feel that every idea is worth exploring
- Write big letters and have fun with a few of them
- font size should be about 16-18
- space in between lines helps little ones read
- every detail has to work together to convey the message I want readers to experience
- maybe I should brainstorm the book cover again
- make sure acrylic paint isn’t too think
- I’ll experiment by adding drops of water and we’ll see
- oh I’ll use my water brush and short hand brush to feel which works best.
…I am so excited! Let’s face it I’m going to write with a brown marker.
-Imagine all the impossibilities that are possible.