I painted this tree as I uttered the words, “I’m going for it.” I went for it and this happened. Literally this experience and my art exploration really, ties in to a book about a bird who follows her curiosity. She had some idea…some plan. Part of following your curiosity means you follow your ideas. I’m working on allowing that full faith experience to just run and play like a 1st grader when it’s recess time. That’s probably the most important.
Something didn’t feel right about the design. Others on instagram liked the tree but I felt it wasn’t right so I painted another.
- adding a little yellow- bright yellow at that- and mixing it with brown makes the perfect sun kissed yellow for the tree trunk.
- for the trunk I use a combination of dry brush and wet to wet to get awesome texture
- The more I play the more I realize that certain color and other elements show up and call themselves my style.
- I then took and angled brush and I dabbed here and there, then layered with dark and light tones.
- speaking of my style…this project has be learning and discovering that maybe there’s a place for me in the children’s picture book illustrations.
The trees are almost done and soon I’ll be working on layout. I’m so excited! Yeah I will be giving away some awesome zip bags to kick off my threadless shop.
Imagine all the impossibilities that are possible.